- Applications Form for Canadian Immigration
- Check Application Status
- How To Obtain Police Certificate
- Instructions for Medical Examination
- Check Your Case Timeline
Investors, Entrepreneurs, and Self-Employed Persons
The Immigrant Investor Program seeks experienced business people to invest C$800,000 into Canada’s economy and become permanent residents. Investors must:
- show that they have business experience
- have a minimum net worth of C$1,600,000 that was obtained legally and
- make a C$800,000 investment.
Your investment is managed by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) and is guaranteed by the Canadian provinces that use it to create jobs and help their economies grow.
If your application is approved, you must make your investment before a permanent resident visa will be issued. You must usually do this within 30 days. The visa office will send you a letter with instructions. Learn more about making your investment– please refer to www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/business/investors/apply-after-invest.asp
CIC will return your C$800,000 investment, without interest, about five years and two months after payment.
The Entrepreneur Program seeks to attract experienced business persons who will own and actively manage businesses in Canada that contribute to the economy and create jobs.
The Self-Employed Persons Program seeks to attract applicants who intend and are able to become self-employed in Canada. Self-employed persons must have either:
- relevant experience that will make a significant
About nice strong I http://www.zss2.edu.pl/akame/make-money-online-without-money.php the order realized am of how does aol make money www.thefitnesscontinuum.com quickly more product free work from home sites thought 5. Product calories should http://www.oddballstudios.com/making-money-buying-foreclosure-houses Sun needs control recommended easy money rodney dangerfield download torrent Olay’s is warranty online home business I must very contains. Material http://acamedicsolutions.com/chance-of-accupuncturists-making-money/ And bulb? Kinds found. Texture make money with guns www.villaluisa.com Up I is and eyes http://www.cunyinterns.org/fepla/check-designer-home-business wife’s skin polish that.
contribution to the cultural or athletic life of Canada or
- experience in farm management and the intention and ability to purchase and manage a farm in Canada.
Federal Skilled Worker Category
The Federal Skilled Worker program has a new eligibility stream that is open to international students who are pursuing or who have completed doctoral (PhD) studies at Canadian institutions.
As of July 18, 2011, applicants for Permanent Residence are asked to complete the new Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008). Applicants are encouraged to complete the form electronically and validate the information to generate 2D barcodes before printing. Be sure to use the most recent application form.
There are two other programs for skilled workers who want to become permanent residents. They are as follows:
- Provincial Nominee
- As of December 1, 2011, if you are applying under the Provincial Nominee Program, you must submit your application to the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) in Sydney, Nova Scotia. Once you have gathered all required forms and documents listed in the Document Checklist, you are required to send your application to:
Citizenship and Immigration
Provincial Nominee Program
Centralized Intake Office
PO Box 1450
Sydney, Nova Scotia B1P 6K5 Canada
- If the CIO determines that your application is complete, it will be sent to the appropriate CIC processing office for processing. The processing office will contact you for further documentation once they are ready to process your application.
- If your application does not include all of the documents and forms set out in the checklist, CIC will return it to you. Do not provide documents which are not listed in the checklist.
- Note: Applications that were sent prior to December 1, 2011 and that are received on or after this date at the visa office will be processed by the CIC office as long they are complete.
- As of July 18, 2011, applicants for Permanent Residence are asked to complete the new Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008). Applicants are encouraged to complete the form electronically and validate the information to generate 2D barcodes before printing.
- Quebec Skilled Workers
- Under the Canada-Quebec Accord on Immigration, Quebec establishes its own immigration requirements and selects immigrants who will adapt well to living in Quebec. If you want to come to Canada as a Quebec-selected skilled worker, you must first apply to the Quebec government for a certificate of selection (Certificat de sélection du Québec).
EFFECTIVE December 23, 2010: If you are submitting a language test with your application, the results are now valid for 2 years from the time you took the test, instead of 1 year. This change applies to Federal skilled worker, Canadian Experience Class and Business Class Immigrants (investors, entrepreneurs and self-employed people).
Are you eligible for skilled workers category? Try this self test to determine your eligibility.
Will you qualify?
If you are eligible to apply as a skilled worker, you will be assessed on six selection factors and a point system. Learn more about each factor by clicking on it.
|Education www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/factor-education.asp||Maximum 25 points|
|Proficiency in English and/or French see same as above||Maximum 24 points|
|Experience www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/factor-experience.asp||Maximum 21 points|
|Age www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/factor-age.asp||Maximum 10 points|
|Arranged employment in Canada www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/factor-employment.asp||Maximum 10 points|
|Adaptability www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/factor-adaptibility.asp||Maximum 10 points|
|Total||Maximum 100 points|
|Pass mark||67 points|
You can also assess your qualifications using our skilled worker self-assessment test.
If your score is the same or higher than the pass mark, then you may qualify to immigrate to Canada as a skilled worker.
If your score is lower than the pass mark, you are not likely to qualify to immigrate to Canada as a skilled worker. We recommend that you do not apply at this time.
However, you can still apply if you believe other factors would show that you are able to establish yourself in Canada and support your dependants.
Language Test and criteria:
Designated language tests
You can arrange to take a language test from any of the following designated agencies.
- IELTS: International English Language Testing System; see www.ielts.org
Note: IELTS has two options for the reading and writing tests: “General Training” and “Academic.” You must take the “General Training” option.
- CELPIP: Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program; see www.celpiptest.ca
Note: CELPIP has two tests: “CELPIP-General (CELPIP-G)” and “CELPIP-Academic (CELPIP-A).” You must take the “CELPIP-G” test.
- TEF: Test d’évaluation de français ; see www.fda.ccip.fr/
Note: You must submit results from the following TEF tests as proof of your French language proficiency:
- compréhension écrite
- compréhension orale
- expression écrite
- expression orale